1. Tell us about your latest opus, ‘Demonic Art’. Are you satisfied with it? Has it been received well?
We recorded it in our own studio called “Not quite studio” February to June 2008. It was engineered and produced by Darkane and Mixed by Peter Wildoer assisted by Klas Ideberg, so it’s a 100% Darkane product. It is still a typical Darkane sounding album yet a little different. I think we have turned away a little from the Gothenburg sound and now sounding more thrashy. The album is quite brutal and full of energy and we are very satisfied!
2. Where do you see the main difference between ‘Demonic Art’ and ‘Layers of Lies’?
There is of course the new vocalist Jens Broman who contributed with a new vocal sound. He has a very strong voice and can sing a little higher pitched vocal lines than Andreas could. Then, on ‘Layers of Lies’ Peter and I have written songs together while Klas wrote his songs alone. This time all of us wrote songs alone. The new album has a little more bay area styles and less Gothenburg style. And of course I think that the newest album is our best so far. ;-)
3. What would you do, if you weren't able to compose music?
Then I would probably only have to play music that other people composed.
4. What tasks presently lie ahead for Darkane?
We just returned from a small tour in Switzerland. Next week we’re playing a couple of gigs in Italy, and in the beginning of 2009 we’ll tour for two months in North America together with Soilwork.
5. The world would have been a wretched place without these five albums:
Death – Human
Strapping Young Lad – City
Slayer – Reign in Blood
Yngiwe – Rising force
Meshuggah – Destroy Erase Improve
The Power Of Metal, November 14th, 2008