Hi, first off I just want to congratulate you on your new album. To
new fans could your please fill us in on the history behind it all?
- Thanks a lot for congratulating us on the new album. As
far as the history, there is no way I'm going to get into that! You
want this interview to last a week? Seriously, Steel Prophet has
been around for so many years and done so many albums, that the best
would be simply to check out the biography information on our
2. How has your new album been received by the media?
Steve - Stunningly,
everyone loves it, as well they should. We're the Rulers of the
Heavy Metal Kingdom -:)
3. I know artists are not happy to categorize their music, but
how would you describe your music to an outsider?
awesome, god-like and any other synonyms for the word terrific.
4. Where does your inspiration come from, both musically and
strong emotions and passion. I derive most of my power from the
earth and my favorite creatures on it; the trees.
5. What topics do you deal with in your lyrics and why?
Nadir is our
lyricist and he draws mostly from personal experiences. Anything
from the culture of the metal show, to drugs and supernatural beings
are in there.
6. Who has produced and mixed the album, and are you pleased with
the end result?
- Nadir and I
produced and Jonas Hansson mixed. Yes, we feel it's raw and
100% about the music, there is no Pro Tools magic or triggered drums. It's
just the band playing with pretty good mics set up. Either you
like the melodies and songs or you don't. People aren't going
to fall in love with this record because all the instruments sound
pristine and it's been polished to perfection; it's like watching us
live. There are mistakes there, but it's a real, down to earth,
Who has done the artwork? And how important do you feel it is to
have a great cover?
- Chris Kallias did the art and he did a great job I think, we
just saw what he had in mind and we liked it. It's a very
powerful image! I think it's important to have a great cover;
it could be the first thing that interests a potential fan.
8. Do you have any touring plans?
- We'll see what happens with the new album and if it goes well
expect to see us on the road.
9. How do you feel about the co-operation with your label, and
are you satisfied?
- Great. Excellent to work with.
The internet is a very important source for many metal fans - how do
you use the internet and how important is it for you and other
take advantage of the webzines, on line sales, our web site, news
sites like Blabbermouth, etc. It's almost as important as print
media now, but not quite yet. Maybe soon though?
11. How do you see the metal scene at the moment?
I use my eyes. I haven't heard of any other way to see yet, is
there a new way? -:)
12. To finish things off - could you pls. make a all-time Top 5
or sort of the 5 most important albums in your opinion?
Fate - Don't Break The Oath
- Ride The Lightning
- Sheer Heart Attack
Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Prophet - Beware
for this rather special and funny interview ...
Also a big thanx to
Claus (Intromental) for setting up the interview.